Friday, August 17, 2007

Whale Watch


That was a brand-new experience for me-- going on a whale watch trip! Had never seen a REAL whale before (except in an Aquarium) in my entire life and I was really looking forward to that activity.


Got off at Aquarium.


And perfect weather for Whale Watch-- great visibility!




It was like d*mn windy on the third deck, by I chose staying there since it was granted the greatest view. The landscape was simply breathtaking-- would you believe that? I have lived on an island for almost twenty years and I actually never really enjoyed a view of a port. I seldom went to the sea as long as I could remember. Boy, where have I been all these years?


That was an extremely long sail (just look at how far away the shore seemed, when I took that picture the sail had barely started) before we really spotted a whale for the very first time. I was shivering, the wind was getting me headache and my legs were dead stiff. Just a second after I gave up and sat down on the deck, the whale popped out!





That was AMAZING! At first it was a mere spout, later a tiny part of the body emerged, and then it was like, the whaleS actually swam past me! It paid to stick to the third deck!
I felt I could touch them!


And what a BEAUTIFUL tail! Like a heart shape or something... absolutely gorgeous.

No comments: