Thursday, August 16, 2007

football @Tufts

Actually another larger-scaled match was held at the 4th but that day I went to Harvard Square with Vicki so we kind of missed out. What a pity. This one's a rather compact one, taking place on a particular Wednesday, during which Salina and I went to Tisch Library instead of the Discover America field trip.

That was a drowsy afternoon. After I went back from the library with Salina we found virtually nothing to do besides idling the rest of the day away, lying at lounge. Good news for us that Akito, Jorge, Ignacio, Giordano, Ofilio and Ramon decided to play football later that afternoon, which turned out to be our only entertainment that day.





Before the football play, there was a hilarious interlude: these guys invented a kind of "relay table tennis," running around the table, taking turns hitting the ping-pong. Very creative indeed.





It was a sunny, breezy afternoon and the sky was azure blue; that's another thing I esp love about Boston: the beautiful weather. The sun rises early and sets late, while the sky is always marine blue.









Salina spotted something funny in the sky and I lifted my head: it was something like a hot air balloon serving for commercial purpose. Dunno, maybe it's common in US, but that was something I had only seen in movies and I got real excited.



OK, switch back to the football play. That was actually my very first experience of watching real people playing football (have seen lots of EPL matches but they were either on online-television or the satellite TV in sports bars like Tavern or Brass Monkey. ) Spitze!




Ramon: about to shoot.



Jorge the Speedy.



Ignacio.



Ofilio in his Argentina shirt.



Akito.




Giordano the goalkeeper.

No comments: