Monday, August 13, 2007

newly arrived @Tufts

After an extremely long flight and several torturous connecting flights, it was not until midnight that I arrived at Boston. When I was feeling clueless about everything and was just about to freak out, Rachel and Brendan picked Puppy, Wayne, and me up. It was a mixed feeling seeing them: it's comforting that their appearance guaranteed the end of the ever-unceasing flights, yet at the same time, it scarred me to death that a whole new program was just about to begin.





















Tufts is a beautiful place. Sometimes I feel like, gosh, I thought such scenery could only be seen at paintings or fairy tales or something, how come they could be so readily perceivable, like, in the street?

















Thus I was struck by a sudden sense of familiarity. Just like that at NTU, squirrels can be seen like everywhere at campus.
















I figure that only someone who has studied English Literature or European Literature before would understand how excited I got when I saw this section: the hard copies of Spark Notes! Taking a closer look, I found Beowulf, which was endless, claiming more than a hundred pages of Norton Anthology. I could hardly believe I actually read through them without consulting Spark Notes. How determined I was.

No comments: