Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Quincy Market

Since we had to take the T and then change line at Park Street, I was under the illusion that Quincy Market must be miles away from Davis. It wasn't until I went to Quincy Market for the second time that I realized: I could have just followed the red line of Freedom Trail, which would lead me straight to the market. ^^"


Here we were, Quincy Market.

As I mentioned before, Boston was filled with buskers; Quincy Market, undoubtedly, was where I had seen the biggest number of buskers. I was even stopped by one of them and was asked where I came from; that was a chaos, for I didn't really know he was actually addressing to me, I mean, I wasn't even looking at his performance!

After some struggle he finally got my answer: "Taiwan," and there he went: "This girl comes from that far away only to see me!" I was embarrassed and hurried away, while everyone else on that spot simply burst out laughing. Come to think of it, that was actually a very unique experience. And I happened to have taken a picture of that very guy before the anecdote. Magic!


Left-hand corner, the crouching guy. (he totally got me)

After that interlude, I lurked into the beige building from the picture above. Inside were dozens and dozens of food stalls: Starbucks, New England Chowda, Pizzeria Regina, Fudge... etc etc.


My very first cup of Starbucks in Boston: Blueberry White Tea, which tasted, uh, unprecedented.



The Fudge stall. Like a whole bunch of colorful toys; thanks goodness I am never that attached to goodies (except chocolate!)



And that was totally hilarious-- lobster lollipops! I tried to record this moment of amusement but it turned out to be a big, blurry red.



Me in lobster hat: nothing but goofy. (thought I was turning 20!)



And so I came back, taking a picture of the fudge assortment bought in Quincy Market on a table (which later became my favorite table) in Lewis Hall.

No comments: