Thursday, August 16, 2007

@Harvard

This entry is about my biggest fancy throughout Boston: Harvard!


That was a dream-like pace, strolling in the Harvard campus. The sunlight was sifted from the leaves, with which cast shadows on the ground. The trail, the buildings, made of similar red, sienna bricks-- such harmonious correspondence was simply divine.

That was our guide, a history major in Harvard. Somehow people like him sounded alike-- clever speech with an appropriate amount of sarcasm delivered by a certain preppie kind of accent; that was a sheer delight simply listening to him.


Just see how attentive everyone got. Bet even more attentive than we were in our placement test.


Just imagine actually becoming a part of such campus-scape. I could die for it.


That meadow was simply luring. If only I could lie on it as a Harvard student-- well in my childhood imagination I would be holding Shakespeare or something, but chances are I'm already holding Shakespeare in NTU, and there's no way that I study English Literature in Harvard-- since I'm going to switch to another field in gra school. Seems that as we grow up, some dreams are simply doomed to evaporate-- sad, but that's life.


Science Center, entitled: the ugliest building campus-wide. True, since it's without the enchanting sienna bricks. Well, the science department of Harvard doesn't really appeal to me, anyway. :p



The Memorial Hall Tower.




Inside it's pretty much like a church. Love the mosaic art!

Here comes the library selection.






Exclusive entrance: what a blessing that one can actually enter it.




Good enough that I could take a picture in front of the entrance. It was way too sunny that I could barely open my eyes, tho.



That was Vicki's turn of taking such a picture, but my point is: Akito, how did you get in?



The Bostonian style that I truly yearn for: sitting on the step of some library, (in this case, that of Harvard) barefoot, holding a grande cup of coffee, listening to iPod while reading newspaper. A perfect balance of academic and recreational temperament.





Here comes another one: just look at the posture: indolent, yet genuinely elegant. Some say he's effeminate, but who cares?





So we drew an end to the Harvard tour.

No comments: